Wednesday 9 October 2013

A sequel

Rather surprisingly (to me, if no one else), I've decided it's time to write the sequel to Timestand.

And, before you say it, people have asked when it's going to come out. Really they have. Clearly I can't answer that question but at least I've started writing the book which is a step in the right direction (and other cliches).

Unless I change things, I've decided to let Tim tell this story himself. It's all going to be written in the first person and, as far as possible, in the present tense. Because when you're mucking about with the timeline as much as I intend to, I think it's only fair to give the reader something to hold onto.

The broad outline is in my mind. The rest I'll make up as I go along. Then I'll iron it all smooth and fix anything that doesn't join together properly. It sounds easy when I describe it like that.

Extracts and preview chapters may appear online if I feel like it. Here's a taster:

“That’s not how I reacted when I was you,” he says.

No comments: