Thursday 26 September 2013

Second worst possible ending for Breaking Bad

(No spoilers, naturally.)

FADE UP

Skyler is emptying out her closet. She notices a loose panel at the back. She removes it (camera views her from the panel's POV).

Inside secret compartment she finds Season 1 Walt, exactly as he was five years ago (i.e. moustache and hair), unconscious and connected by various tubes to a strange looking machine.

Machine beeps and has a large button which reads "RELEASE AND WAKE SUBJECT".

She presses the button.

Tubes retract from Walt. He awakes.

WALT: Oh hi, Skylar. What am I doing in here? Is it still 2008?

SKYLER: No Walt. It's 2013. What's with the hair?

WALT: What? Huh? Never mind hair - I've lost five years?!

Phone rings. Camera behind phone as Skyler answers.

SKYLER: What? But you can't have arrested Walt because he's here with me... Yes, really... You did what? ... You pulled off a mask and he's an alien?

WALT: I remember now. A strange creature, about my size and height, put me in the cupboard. Just before I went to sleep, I saw him pull on a mask. It was a mask of my face. What's he been doing these past few years?

FADE TO BLACK. ROLL CREDITS

No comments: