Thursday 4 September 2008

post script to yesterday's piece

It is truly shameful and I am truly ashamed. I appear to have mixed up Michael Chabon's beautifully wonderful novel "The Amazing Adventures Of Kavalier & Clay" with Lynley Dodd's charming picture book "Slinky Malinki". I can only offer the excuse that I am looking at both on a daily basis.

For it was, of course, Slinky Malinki who was the rapscallion cat, deserving the title due to her nocturnal nicking of anything she could get her paws on. Many characters, Kavalier and Clay included, could be described as rapscallion from time to time but, as far as I am aware, are not described in that way in their book.

To return to my irregular series describing what efforts I have made towards publication, I can honestly say, with my hand on my heart (if that makes any difference), that I have been giving the subject much thought over the past few days. The transition from thought to action is surely only a matter of time now.

N starts nursery on Tuesday and then I will leap into action like a coiled spring, if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor.

No comments: